Today I found out that on behalf of Secbüro Labs, I have been selected as a contributing cybersecurity expert for a 144 page special edition of Hackin9 & eForensics magazines titled “Predictions for Cybersecurity in 2016”.
The magazines sought answers from the likes of IBM, KPMG, Praesidio, Titania, Cybereason, Barricade and Paraben, to name a few, and the topics ranged from cybersecurity threats, mobile security, IoT, DDoS, security tools and products, all the way to challenges with certifications and recruitment. It contains a wealth of information from really interesting group of people. The full list of questions is included further down the post.
Since the special edition is a subscription-based publication, I can’t show you the full magazine, but I did pull out a few personal excerpts, redacted the rest and compacted my contribution down to the 19 pages where I’m mentioned.
Magazine Download Options
You have three options to choose from:
- Download my redacted version of “Predictions for Cybersecurity in 2016” in PDF format, or
- View the redacted magazine images by clicking on the page images below, or
- Download the Full 144 page version directly from Hackin9 & eForensics magazine, for a small fee.
Redacted Page Images
This special edition was based on interviews with a select group of organizations which agreed to participate in the project, the following list of topics was covered by the report.
Top 2015 events
- What were the most important things that happened this year?
- What will change in the talent pool?
- Will talent shortage in the industry continue to grow?
- What new challenges will recruiters have to face in 2016?
- What new challenges will people looking for work in cyber security have to face?
- What role will formal education play in 2016?
- Will certification keep its role as the main tool to confirm skill and expertise?
- Will we see a more unified standardization of education and skills?
- Will online courses influence the level of education in security field?
- What threats that emerged in 2015 will remain relevant in the next year?
- Which threat group will see the biggest growth in 2016?
- Can you see any old and forgotten threat coming back in the next year?
- Will threat landscape be affected by international efforts to combat terrorism?
- Will cyber security in healthcare remain a relevant topic?
- Will security in automotive industry keep on causing trouble?
- Which mobile phone will be the most secure one?
- What kind of vulnerabilities will affect mobile phones in 2016?
- What security measures we should use to protect our mobile phones in the next year?
- What risks will mobile industry face in 2016?
Internet of Things
- Will IoT force the industry to change?
- What kind of challenges will IoT face in the next year?
- How will IoT influence cyber community?
- Will we see the security for IoT emerging along new IoT solutions, or will we have to wait?
Tools of the trade
- How will tools evolve in 2016?
- Will the trend to eliminate passwords continue?
- What new technology will make an impact on cyber security the most?
- What new trends will we see on threat intelligence?
Areas of security
- What are your predictions for network security in 2016?
- What are your predictions for software security in 2016?
- What are your predictions for hardware security in 2016?
- What are your predictions for cloud security in 2016?
- Will 2016 belong to start-ups or big cyber security corporations?
- Will cyber security events remain an important part of influencing the development of cyber community and companies?
- Will we see more state-level cooperation in 2016?
- In which industry will we observe the biggest demand for cyber security services?
- What do you think will change in the cyber security market in your country?
Cyber security awareness
- Will the cyber community influence the level of cyber security awareness?
- How can we work towards improving cyber security awareness in 2016?
- What obstacle in awareness will remain unsolved?
- What role will awareness play in corporate cyber security?
- Predictions for cybersecurity
- What advice would you give to fellow cybersecurity professionals going into 2016?
GD Star RatingSelected by Hackin9 and eForensics Magazines as a Contributing Cybersecurity Expert,